The Caribbean is known for its warm weather during the whole year and is one of the many reasons why tourists choose it for their vacations.
The beautiful Caribbean beaches that host Catalonia Hotels & Resorts are the perfect frame for your body to meet the sun, so this time we want to share with you some tips to achieve that tan you’ve always wanted.
- Apply your sunscreen or tanning lotion at least half an hour before sun exposure, this will allow the product to penetrate the skin and protect it entirely.
- The first day use a high protection factor sunscreen and decrease it gradually as the days go by.
- We also recommend you to get short sun baths (five-minute sessions) at first and increase them with each passing day to get your skin used to sunlight.
- Remember: it´s important to protect all your body parts exposed to the sun, such as the lips, ears, back of hands, etc.
- Enjoy a delicious carrot juice from our Bar Ma Loo, it will help you to get a better tan.
- Consider using UV protecting sunglasses to protect your eyes from sunlight. Don´t let yourself fall asleep with sunglasses on, you´ll get a nasty surprise with your tan!
- After a while, don´t forget to reapply sunscreen, remember that it is absorbed by the skin and weakens with water and sweating. You may repeat the process every two hours.
- Caps or hats are helpful but don´t prevent sunlight from reaching your body, so you must always use sunscreen.
- It´s important to keep your body hydrated, drink at least two liters of water and eat hydrating food such as celery, cucumber, lettuce, tomato or grapefruit.
- Change your body position from time to time, to avoid heat stroke and sunburn.
- A good tip is to take a walk by the seashore, this helps to achieve a deeper and everlasting tan.
- If you get a sunburn, we recommend using an aloe vera gel. This will help soothe the burn and regenerate the skin.
- At the end of the day, take a bath with warm water to remove any sunscreen remains and tighten pores.
- Sun exposure without protection. Always choose between 15 or 20 sun protection factors.
- Tanning at the sun’s peak hours. This is from 12:00 pm to 4:00 pm. Try doing it before or after that period.
- Perfume or lotion while your tanning, as it can produce you skin spots.