If you’re planning to visit Catalonia Hotels & Resorts in the Mexican Caribbean, don’t miss the opportunity to explore the beautiful Riviera Maya.
There are countless excursions and beautiful places that you’ll surely want to visit, so… How can you get to these magical places?
1. TRAVEL AGENCY: When you book your vacations through a travel agency, they always have a choice of tours and excursions to places of interest in the area. In most cases, they include transportation. Also from now on, it’s possible to book airport transportation, tours & excursions directly on our website.
2. LOCAL PUBLIC TRANSPORT: If you’re a little more adventurous and want to explore on your own, all of our Resorts are located near the federal highway that runs along the Riviera Maya.
The easiest and cheapest transport is the “colectivos” (small SUV with enough room for 14 passengers) or public transport buses that are larger. Both ca be boarded on the road during the day and drivers will stop wherever you ask them to. Prices vary depending on the distance traveled.
3. TAXI: You can take a taxi cab right in the lobby of our Resorts, just ask the bellboys to call one for you. Prices depend on the destination. As a reference, a taxi transfer from the Catalonia Riviera Maya to Playa del Carmen costs $350 pesos (24 USD).
4. CAR RENTAL: This is by far the most comfortable and easiest way to move through the Riviera Maya. You’ll find plenty of car rental options since the moment you land at Cancun International Airport, and practically everywhere in Playa del Carmen. We also have secure parking in our Resorts with no extra charge.
Public transportation accepts Mexican Pesos and US Dollars (Cash only and Dollars can be taken at a lower price, so better get pesos at the Money Exchange boot first).
- Hospitality tables can be found in the Resort’s Lobby, and the Guest Service desk will be pleased to help you and give you advice on the best tours and excursions.
Have fun, enjoy … and most importantly: Let the Riviera Maya surprise you!